Sunday, April 17, 2011

Yesterday is gone, now on to tomorrow...

The 5k yesterday was tough. I really felt bad, but I was there and I didn't want to back out. What if I'm not feeling so great the day of the half? Am I going to not at least try to walk it? Of course I am! So I figured, training is to prepare me for the race, how will I know if I can race when I feel sick? I have to give it  a try. I finished and I felt much better after. Not right after, but about a half hour after I was fine. Now I know I can do it. Granted 3 miles is a far cry from 13.1 miles but I'm working my way up. That's what training is for...

NOW, on to the fun subject that I've mentioned but one that I have mostly been avoiding!!! FUNdraising! WooHoo! Sounds like fun right? For me it's more like UGH! Let me explain something to you, I've never been a fundraiser, not even in elementary school. I've participated because I had to, but I hated it. Even with my own children, I rarely participated in the school fundraisers. I'd send in a donation instead of taking all of the forms and products to work to sell. Now, here I am attempting to raise $7500. It boggles my mind why I would take this on. But I did, willingly. So, as I've learned through out my life - when you need to do something and you don't know how - call an expert! My supervisor at work is a fundraising guru. She gets excited about it and she loves it. Just the person I need to help me and show me the ropes. Shalayna is awesome and jumps right on board: throwing out ideas, thinking of possible events, and giving me ideas on how I can get started quickly just so I can see some money coming in so I don't get discouraged. Thank you Shalayna!!!!!

On to the BIG event!!! We are throwing a dance party on May 7th. The event is called Determined to Dance because the CCFA just launched a new patient website www.illbedetermined.org. This new website will help patients to better manage their inflammatory bowel disease (IBD). Tickets are $20 and the proceeds go to the Crohn's and Colitis Foundation of America. There will be a DJ and door prizes. The dance will be held at the Hilton Midland Plaza in Midland, TX and the tickets are advanced sales only.

If you want a ticket let me know, they are selling fast! If you just want to make a donation then click on the Team Challenge logo to the right. It will take you to my fundraising page and you can make a donation there.

If anyone has fundraising ideas that have worked, please leave a comment. I'm all ears!

I knew when I signed up for Team Challenge that it would be indeed a challenge. That is one of the reasons I signed up. I wanted to get out of my comfort zone. I wanted to stretch, learn, grow and find out new and interesting things about myself and the person I'm becoming.

What a ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment