Sunday, March 27, 2011

Captain's BLOG

My husband once told me that he thinks I'm a closet Trekkie. At the time I completely disagreed with him. Just because I said, "Make it so number one" a few times does not mean I'm a Trekkie. Now I'm thinking he may be right! Every time I sit down in front of my computer to write a blog post I think, "Captain's log. Star date 2011. My crew and I are exploring a new planet..." And I laugh to myself.

Yesterday was my first official 5K. I walked the Make-A-Wish 5K in November of 2010 with some friends. But this one was the real deal. It was a test. I'm pretty happy with the results. I did a run/walk combo and I'm OK with that. I had a 13.12 minute pace, which was only a minute off of my goal pace. And I also confirmed a theory I developed during training. It is easier to run on the treadmill!  I definitely need to get outside and run, at least on the weekends. My friend, Angela, says I can do my long runs with her, but she has already finished a couple of 1/2 marathons, very intimidating.

Tomorrow, 3/28, starts a new week of training. Four miles, five miles, four miles, I can do it! I think. Maybe, I hope! After the 5K yesterday, I know I can. Now, I've just got to kick it up a bit with the fundraising. A BIG thank you to everyone that has donated or purchased a candy bar! I appreciate your support!!!

Kirk out!

No comments:

Post a Comment