Friday, September 9, 2011

You're going to the gym? Now?

This morning I woke up early. I say early because I actually got up about 2 minutes before the alarm, got out of bed and didn't hit the snooze button 100 times or tell Matt, "Wake me up when you leave." I woke up, put on my gym clothes and headed for the door. I hear Matt in a sleep muffled voice, "You're going to the gym?"
"Yep"
"Now?"
"Yep"
"ok, I love you"
"Love you too"

He sounds surprised. Well he should be! But after skipping my morning run on Wednesday (thinking I would get it after work, what a joke!), I have decided to get my butt out of bed and as the Nike commercial says, JUST DO IT!

It doesn't hurt that some co-workers and I are starting a biggest loser contest today and there is money on the line. Plus the fact that I am in training for another half marathon in just 3 short months. Now I've just got to get up before the alarm (aka 5 am or as I like to call it ~ the butt crack of dawn) every day until the race. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment