Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Inspiration vs perspiration

My husband suggested that I write about where I get inspiration from. As soon as he said it, I knew it was a great idea! Also a difficult one to put into words, especially the written word. I started thinking about the differences between motivation and inspiration. What inspires me as apposed to what motivates me. It has admittedly taken some time to wrap my brain around the differences and hopefully be able to express it in a way that is easily understandable.

This past weekend I went home for a visit. Home is New Orleans, LA. While there I stayed with friends in the city, went to the Jazz and Heritage Festival, visited the French Quarter, and relaxed with family. When I trained, I ran down
Magazine St.
and
St. Charles Ave.
I drove through Mid-City. I just wanted to absorb as much of the city as possible while I was home. That city inspires me! The people there inspire me! It’s everything: the food, the music, the attitude!

Then I started thinking about everyone I’ve met since moving here.  I moved to West Texas two years ago- actually, two years ago on the weekend before Memorial Day. The people I’ve met since moving to West Texas are probably some of the nicest people I’ve ever met. Everything I’ve witnessed here has genuinely inspired me. Everyone here pulls together when there’s trouble. West Texans are generous and they give new meaning to the word community. And the sunsets are awe inspiring.

When I think about this challenge and my commitment to the team, I think about everyone else that has done so much for me in my life. How can I return the favor? I feel so blessed that I need to give back. I honestly feel the NEED to do something for others that are experiencing what I went through eleven years ago. I want to say to everyone out there living with either of these diseases or any form of  IBD, you can have a great life.  If you have any questions about Crohn’s or colitis you can visit the foundation’s website at www.ccfa.org. If you have questions for me or would like to make a donation email me at rkingham@mrt.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment